Thanh Tu Dong Temple

Xã Diên An, huyện Diên Khánh, tỉnh Khánh Hòa

  • Certification: 230826110852
  • Provincial monuments

Thanh Tu Dong Temple is located in Dien An Commune, Dien Khanh District, Khanh Hoa Province. Thanh Tu Dong Temple was built by the Tri government of Tan Dinh district, named Le Kim Canh, along with other dignitaries, and he donated 6 sao of land and money to build the communal house.

  • Share


Thanh Tu Dong Temple was built by the Tri government of Tan Dinh district, named Le Kim Canh, along with other dignitaries, and he donated 6 sao of land and money.

Initially, this place worshiped Confucius, after Van Chi was moved to Go Song (Phuoc Tuy) in 1895, the heroes and relatives built a temple on the old Van Chi foundation to worship Ngu Hanh. In the second year of Khai Dinh (1917), he conferred the Ngu Hanh female goddess.

In 1924, along with the worship of Ngu Hanh, the Nguyen court granted 01 ordination allowing the villagers to worship Thien Y A Na Thanh Phi with the beautiful name Duc Bao Trung Hung Thuong Thuong; Since then, the main deity in the temple is Thien Y An Na Thanh Phi, outside the gate is covered with the word "Saint Phi Mieu".

The name of the shrine was taken from the village name, later the village changed its name, the name of the monument was also changed; from Thanh Tu Temple to Thanh Tu Dong Temple; That name persists to this day.

Based on the documents still kept at the Temple, the relic has undergone 6 times of restoration and repair:
1. Thirteenth Thanh Thai year (1901);
2. The 17th Thanh Thai year (1905);
3. 3rd Duy Tan year (1909);
4. The 6th year of Khai Dinh (1921);
5. The 5th year of Bao Dai (1930);
6. In 2009, it was restored and repaired with the current status quo.

The temple has a relatively simple architectural structure like some religious works in Khanh Hoa province. The money is separated from the main hall through a wooden door system of the "panel" style. In the main hall, there is an altar, and in the middle hangs a horizontal painting "Thanh Tu Mieu" in the spring of the year of the Tiger (during the reign of King Duy Tan).


The main shrine of Thanh Tu Dong

In the center of the main hall is the Council worshiping chamber, then the God worshiping area, on both sides are Ta ban and Huu ban. The God-worshiping coffin contains 03 ordinations that the Nguyen kings bestowed on the Mieu to be allowed to worship the goddess Ngu Hanh and Thien Y Thanh Mau, including:
- Ordained Khai Dinh in the 2nd year (1917) or conferred on the female goddess Ngu Hanh;
- Ordaining Khai Dinh in the 9th year (1924) to Thien Y A Na;
- Ordained Khai Dinh in the 9th year (1924) or conferred on the female goddess Ngu Hanh;

The most prominent feature of the temple is the wooden altars, all three altars are made of good wood, painted with gilded lacquer, on the altars are engraved couplets in Chinese characters, carved with patterns. water waves, the lines of writing, "Two dragons adoring the moon" ... are sophisticated, containing high artistic value.

Inside the temple, there are many pairs of opposites, worshiped by nobles, celebrities and mandarins at that time, such as: Nguyen Tu Nguyen Truong Binh Nguyen, Nguyen Trinh Dian; Team leader Nguyen Tao.

The East House is an architectural work located in the overall temple, with wooden murals engraved with the names of those who contributed to the restoration and embellishment of the temple through historical periods. This is considered a precious artifact of the local historical relic.

Every year, the relic organizes Spring worship on 24th and 25th of the second lunar month, and autumn worship on the 24th and 25th of the 8th lunar month.

In 2010, Thanh Tu Dong Temple was issued by Khanh Hoa Provincial People's Committee Decision No. 3423/QD - People's Committee ranked historical - cultural relic at provincial level. Nguyen Thi Thuy Hang