Lu Cam temple

27 Ngoc Hiep ward, Nha Trang city, Khanh Hoa province

  • Certification: 230824225511
  • Provincial monuments

Lu Cam temple is located at 27 Huong Lo Ngoc Hiep, Ngoc Hiep Ward, Nha Trang City, Khanh Hoa Province. Lu Cam Communal House was built around the end of the 19th century (1874), on the foundation of the temple of the workers to worship the gods of Thanh Hoang, the ancestors of pottery, Tien Hien, Son Lam, Ha Ba, heroes and martyrs of the locality.

  • Share


Previously, the communal house was the temple of Dao Nghe - worshiping the ancestors who made pottery. Ngoc Hoi and Lu Cam villages share the same name as Ngoc Toan, discovered by the Nguyen family, by convention, each region wants to separate and establish its own village, it must have enough nails, so when the village has enough 7 old trenches and 41 When the village was born, the people in the area asked to separate the village and the village of Lu Cam was born from there.

When separating the village, the Nguyen family's communal house was located right on the communal house of Ngoc Hoi village now, the Nguyen family moved all the trees and furniture in the communal house to the temple of the workers and repaired the citadel of Lu Cam. Lu Cam Communal House was built around the end of the 19th century (1874), on the foundation of the temple of the workers to worship the gods of Thanh Hoang, the pottery ancestors, Tien Hien, Son Lam, Ha Ba, local heroes and martyrs.

Although undergoing many times of restoration and repair, the house no longer keeps records of dating. The villagers only remember that in 1964, the yin and yang tiles were replaced with cement tiles; in 1970, restored martial arts; in 2003, lifting the roof of the main electrical part.

Currently, the communal house still preserves 03 ordinations for Dao Lu Nghe (the pottery group), including: Thanh Thai in the 15th year (1898), Duy Tan in the 3rd year (1909) and Khai Dinh in the 9th year (1924).

Located on a fairly flat and spacious campus, the communal house faces south, including 4 main architectural works: Vo Ca, Dai Dinh, Tien Hien Temple and East House.

Vo Ca is a construction used to organize boi singing during festivals.

The great hall consists of two main parts: the sacrifice and the main hall. The sacrifice has a structure of two rows of round wooden pillars, on the columns hanging pairs of antique cups. Around the sacrifice, leave the space open to the courtyard to create an airy atmosphere. The main hall is designed with an ancient design on the 2nd floor, 8th floor; The 3 doors of the main hall are completely made of ancient wood, shaped like "upper but lower". The main hall hangs a pair of opposites worshiped by the incense owner Nguyen Nhu Phuong. The pairs of opposites carved Han Nom characters praising the merits of the gods and praising the traditional craft of the village; The pairs of opposites and concubines are worshiped by dignitaries in the village: Village Ba Ho is Hoang Chi, Elder Nguyen Van Chi, Ho Van Chu, Contestant Truong Duc Sinh, Huong Moc Ho Quang, Ba Ho Le Dang Tuyen. ...

In the middle of the main hall is the altar of the Council, the front is decorated with the image of "Carp turning into a dragon", the back is the set of Lu Bo, bordering the wall on both sides is the altar of Tien Hien, Hau Hien, followed by the altar of Son Lam. Ha Ba. The innermost is the altar to worship God, the two sides are the altar to worship Ta Ban and Huu Ban.

During the resistance war against the French, in 1945, Comrade Nguyen Cuong - a central cadre in contact with Mr. Nguyen Bien, Nguyen Mang, Nguyen Tu Tri, Nguyen Chanh met at Lu Cam communal house to discuss plans and prepare participated in the battle on October 23, Nha Trang - Khanh Hoa Front. The communal house was also the place where activities for the revolution took place: convening troops, dispatching troops, discussing tactics and strategies to fight the French, and meeting of revolutionary comrades.

The village communal house holds a festival for 2 days in the spring, worships every year on an auspicious day in the 3rd lunar month. From 3 years or more due to the response of people's contributions to organize Boi singing.

In 2007, Lu Cam communal house was issued by Khanh Hoa Provincial People's Committee Decision No. 1517QD- People's Committee ranked as a provincial historical - cultural relic.

Nguyen Thi Thuy Hang