Dien Toan communal house

Dien Toan commune, Dien Khanh district, Khanh Hoa province

  • Certification: 230826110111
  • Provincial monuments

Dien Toan communal house is located in Dien Toan commune, Dien Khanh district, Khanh Hoa province. Previously, the communal house was called after the village name, Phuoc Trach communal house. Later, in Dien Toan commune, only Phuoc Trach communal house survived to this day and in 1993, the communal house was degraded, so the people in the commune contributed to the restoration of the communal house and the People's Committee of Dien Toan commune according to the people's wish to change the name of the communal house. Phuoc Trach citadel of Dien Toan communal house, with the meaning of communal house of Dien Toan commune.

  • Share


According to the land contract in Chinese Nom of the Vo family, Vo Nhan (in Phuoc Trach village, Dien Toan commune) still kept, under the Tay Son reign in the 13th year of Thai Duc (1799), then Dien Toan was Phu commune. Tho, General Trung, Vinh Xuong district, Dien Khanh district, and this document contains the following content: the name of the commune ie Vo Van Hon has a field of five sao in the land of Green Pond, east of the Go Dinh dam... Thus, at the end, In the eighteenth century, the communal house existed and the communal house's name was Phu Tho.

When Gia Long ascended the throne to establish the Nguyen Dynasty, he issued an edict to remove everything left by the Tay Son dynasty, even the name of the village changed. Based on the province of Gia Long 10th year (1811), Dien Toan was at that time Phuoc Tho commune.

In the 5th year of King Tu Duc's reign (1852), the communal house belonged to Phuoc Trach commune, Vinh Xuong district; until the ninth year of Khai Dinh's reign (1924) still belonged to Phuoc Trach commune, Trung Cat canton, Vinh Xuong district, Khanh Hoa province.

According to the old dignitaries: in the 34th year of Tu Duc (1881), a flood swept away the communal house and lost some of its magnetism, so the villagers moved the communal house to the Bo De field. According to Han Nom documents currently kept by Mr. Vo Nhan's family related to communal land: Mr. Ly Truong Nguyen Van Loi has a son-in-law Vo Van Khanh and gave his wife, daughter and son-in-law a little land to work on. eat, live. In the 7th Duy Tan year (1913), Mr. Vo Van Khanh worshiped a pole to the north for the village. In the 3rd year of Khai Dinh (1918), the village magnate made a request to approve that land area as the communal house. Since then, the communal house has been moved here and has not changed its location until now, in Phuoc Trach village, Dien Toan commune, Dien Khanh district, Khanh Hoa province.

Up to now, the communal house has been restored and relocated in the following years:
- In 1881, the communal house was swept away by flood, so it was moved from Go Dinh to Bo De field;
- In 1918, the communal house was moved from the Bo Bo field to its present position;
- In 1935, the communal house was restored: built more temples, Thien Y Temple and Tien Hien Temple, whitewashed.
- In 1954, minor restoration;
- In 1966, roof tiles were restored, whitewashed, yards were built, and a feng shui project was built.
- 1992-1993: Great restoration of the communal house: the old wooden pillars were replaced with concrete, tiles were replaced, three gates were built, the flagpole was built, the plan was styled, and the floor tiles were laid.

Dien Toan communal house was built on a campus of 3,835 m2, to worship Thanh Hoang, Tien Hien, Hau Hien, Thien Y A Na, Seniors, Juniors, martyrs, and souls. The villagers of Phuoc Trach worship the predecessor of the village, Mr. Vo Van Thai.


The relic has the following architectural works: Nghi Mon, Phong Nha, Dai Dinh, Tien Hien Temple and Thien Y Temple, Dong House, Thanh Minh Temple.

During the two resistance wars against the French colonialists and the invading US imperialists, Phuoc Trach village communal house was the site of secret activities of the local revolutionary cadres.

Today, Dien Toan communal house still retains 08 ordinations granted by the reigns of Kings Tu Duc, Duy Tan, Dong Khanh and Khai Dinh of the Nguyen Dynasty, including:
- Ordaining King Tu Duc in the 5th year (1852) to Ban Canh Thanh Hoang.
- Ordaining King Tu Duc in the 33rd year (1880) to Ban Canh Thanh Hoang.
- Ordaining the reign of King Duy Tan in the 3rd year (1909) to Ban Canh Thanh Hoang.
- Ordaining King Dong Khanh in the 2nd year (1887) to Ban Canh Thanh Hoang.
- Four colors of Khai Dinh in the 9th year (1924) conferred on Emperor Ban Canh Thanh Hoang and Thien Y A Na Dien Ngoc Phi.

According to the annual tradition, the festival takes place from the 16th day of the second lunar month to the 18th of the second lunar month and is organized once every three years; In which, there are cotton offering dance and folk games such as: dropping ducks in the water, tug of war, sack jumping, popping balloons, cooking contests of village women's associations.

On 11/11/2009, Dien Toan communal house was ranked by Khanh Hoa Provincial People's Committee as a provincial historical and cultural relic.