Bich Dam communal house

Bich Dam residential group, Vinh Nguyen, Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa.

  • Certification: 230826110909
  • Provincial monuments

Bich Dam communal house is located in the northeast of Bich Dam residential group (this is a residential area located in the east - north of Hon Tre island) in Vinh Nguyen ward, Nha Trang city, Khanh Hoa province.

  • Share



Bich Dam changed its name to Bien Hai, after 1954 the village was renamed Bich Dam hamlet, in 1975 it was renamed Bich Dam hamlet, Vinh Nguyen ward, district 2, Nha Trang town. Currently, it is Bich Dam residential group, Vinh Nguyen ward, Nha Trang city, Khanh Hoa province.

When establishing a village called Dam Mon village, in the 10th year of Gia Long (1811) it was Bai Tre village, in the 6th year of Thieu Tri (1846) it changed its name to Bich Dam village. In 1948, Bich Dam village was renamed Bien Hai, after 1954 the village was renamed Bich Dam hamlet, in 1975 it was renamed Bich Dam hamlet, Vinh Nguyen ward, district 2, Nha Trang town. Currently, it is Bich Dam residential group, Vinh Nguyen ward, Nha Trang city, Khanh Hoa province.

Bich Dam island village was established by fishermen from the South - Ngai - Binh - Phu (Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Binh Dinh, Phu Yen) fishing here. People gather in groups, each hamlet is engaged in fishing... To have a place for community cultural activities, to worship gods who support the villagers to make a living and those who openly claim the land. the people, the people, the establishment of a hamlet... according to the old people, around the middle of the 19th century, Bich Dam communal house was built.

People here also say that: Once upon a time, there was Mrs. Nguyen Thi Mau from Hung Lac village, Binh Dinh province, because she was angry with her husband, took her son, Truong Van Coi, then about 9, 10 years old, on a boat to the South. Phuong Sai village, Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa settled. After that, Mr. Truong Van Coi grew up and married Pham Thi Vai from Bich Dam, then took his mother to live in Bich Dam village. Here, Mr. Truong Van Coi stood up to mobilize and join the people to contribute efforts and money to build the communal house to worship the village's Thanh Hoang.

Bich Dam communal house worships the village's Thanh Hoang, Ba Thien Y A Na, Ong Nam Hai (whale), the predecessors, the late sages, etc. The communal house is also a meeting place, organizing cultural activities of the community in the village.

Over time, the communal house was repaired by the people many times in small parts. With the belief of fishermen in the South Central region, they worship Nam Hai (whale) - the god of the sea who helps fishermen to sail smoothly when they go out to sea to catch seafood. In the past, there were no conditions, so people worshiped Mr. Nam Hai, Tien sian - Hau sage together in the main hall with the village Thanh Hoang. In 2000, thanks to the contributions of benefactors, the people built the Tomb of Ong and the private Tien Hien - Hau Hien church, located in the site of the relic. In 2002, more martial arts were built to serve as a place to sing boi as well as to sing ceremony on festival days of the communal house. In 2009, the communal house restored the degraded items, the decorative colors were repainted and more spacious.

The communal house is located on a land area of 540.3m2, the front side is the sea lagoon and Hon Tre cliff, the back side is the residential area and Nha Trang Bay, the right side of the communal house is the residential area and the mountain. In front of the communal house yard, there are two wide-spreading ancient Bang trees, along with the typical architectural style of communal house architecture in the South Central region, especially the communal houses, temples, and shrines along the southern coast. Ancient, majestic family.

From the outside, looking at the relic, there are the following work items: Nghi Mon, Martial Ca, Pre-Saint, Main Hall, Ong Tomb, Tien Hien - Hau Hien Church, East House, West House.

The communal house also retains 05 ordinations granted by the Nguyen kings (from King Dong Khanh to King Khai Dinh), allowing the people here to continue to worship the gods at Bich Dam communal house:
1- Sac Dong Khanh 2 (1887), conferred on Mr. Nam Hai.
2- Sac Thanh Thai Thirteenth (1901), conferred on Thanh Hoang.
3- Sac Duy Tan 3 (1909), ordained Thien Y A Na.
4- Sac Khai Dinh 9th (1924), conferred on Thien Y An Na.
5- Sac Khai Dinh 9 (1924), conferred on Thanh Hoang.
Dedication of King Dong Khanh in the 2nd year (1887) to the god Nam Hai of Bich Dam communal house


In the past, the villagers held an annual "Spring and Autumn Festival", but now the Spring and Autumn offerings are united on the 28th day of the third lunar month. Before the ceremony, there was a group of boats going to the East Sea to welcome Ong Nam Hai back to Ong Tomb, Ba Trao group sang worshiping ceremony for Ong, at good time, worship Thanh Hoang, Tien Hien, Hau Hien and finally worship. Mr. Nam Hai. During the festival, there is usually a boi singing.

 Ho Ba Trao in the fishing festival at Bich Dam communal house


Noting the typical historical - cultural and artistic values of the relics in Bich Dam island village, on November 20, 2012, Khanh Hoa Provincial People's Committee issued Decision No. 2888/QD-UBND ranking Bich Dam communal house is a provincial historical - cultural relic.