Bang Phuoc communal house

Bang Phuoc village, Ninh Phu commune, Ninh Hoa town, Khanh Hoa province

  • Certification: 230826103859
  • Provincial monuments

Bang Phuoc communal house is located in Bang Phuoc village, Ninh Phu commune, Ninh Hoa town, Khanh Hoa province.

  • Share


Based on the content on the ordination of Bang Phuoc communal house preserved by King Tu Duc in the 5th year (1852), we can guess that the construction date of the monument is the end of the 18th century.

At present, Bang Phuoc communal house still preserves 04 ordinations granted by the Nguyen kings to Ban Canh Thanh Hoang, specifically as follows: Sac Tu Duc year 5 (1852), Sac Tu Duc year 33 (1880). , the second year Dong Khanh (1887), the third year Duy Tan (1909).

Bang Phuoc Communal House was built to worship Ban Canh Thanh Hoang, Tien Hien [old man Tran Duc Toan (1634-1692)], Tien Linh[1] (14 persons), spirit.

Since its inception, Bang Phuoc communal house has undergone the following renovations and embellishments: 1930, 1935, 1978, 1987, 1995, 2007.

Bang Phuoc communal house was built in a closed campus with a total area of 1,520m2, the front facing southwest. From the outside to the inside, the communal house has the following overall layout: Nghi Mon, main hall, front house, east house, Bang Phuoc temple, kitchen.

The main hall has an architectural structure consisting of 2 sets because it forms a compartment with 04 female columns (square), the columns and porch columns are no longer but replaced by a load-bearing wall system. Because the roof structure is in the style of truss.

According to the custom, every year, Bang Phuoc village communal house has 2 main worshiping ceremonies on the occasion of the Spring period on the 10th day of the third lunar month and the death anniversary of the sage (Tran Duc Toan) on the 9th day of the 9th lunar month.

During the period of resistance war against the French colonialists and the invading US imperialists, Bang Phuoc communal house was the place where activities such as "Concentric Day", "Rice jar to feed the army", opened a class "Academic people" for the people. people in Bang Phuoc village and neighboring villages; is the place to place ballot boxes for voters of 3 villages (Van Dinh, Bang Phuoc, My Le) to vote for people with virtue and talent to serve the country in 1946; was the place to hide secret documents of the local revolutionary movement in 1947. However, in the period 1954-1975, the communal house was the location of American soldiers and their henchmen.

On August 31, 2011, Khanh Hoa Provincial People's Committee issued Decision No. 2355/QD-UBND ranking Bang Phuoc communal house as a provincial historical - cultural relic.

[1] These are the people who have contributed to the village, but when they died, they did not have a son to worship, so the village set up a tablet to worship with the Tien Hien Temple.