Ngôn ngữ

Phu Cang communal house

Van Phu Commune, Van Ninh District, Khanh Hoa Province

  • ID: 230826164652
  • National monuments

Phu Cang communal house has the name associated with the name of Phu Cang hamlet in Van Phu commune, Van Ninh district, Khanh Hoa province. The communal house was built in the late seventeenth and early eighteenth centuries to worship the village's genie, to worship Thien Y Goddess, village founders, and martyrs who were the children of the village passing away in two resistance wars against France and America.

Nghe thuyết minh

  • Chia sẻ

Thông tin chi tiết

The communal house was built at the beginning of the village, located in a fairly large campus, with an area of about 1,700m2, facing the northeast. From the outside, architectural works includes: “Nghi Mon” gate, “An Phong”, “Dai Dinh” (big communal house), East house and West house.

The big communal house was built in the traditional structure with a wooden frame with 04 big wooden pillars in the middle, which looks very sizable, firmly supporting the roof system with an ancient upstairs, which is the traditional architecture of Khanh Hoa. Along with the yin and yang tiled roof, the door system is in the style of “Thuong Song Ha Ban” (the door having the upper part with bars and the lower part with board) and images of the mascots: Two dragons fighting for pearls, unicorns, bats on the roof top, strip banks and knife heads standing out against the blue sky.

In addition to the architectural and artistic elements, which have been preserved quite well over hundreds of years with many changes, the communal house is also imbued with revolutionary history during the resistance wars against the French and Americans.

In 1885, in response to King Ham Nghi's decree Can Vuong against the French, the Can Vuong movement in Khanh Hoa was raised up by patriotic scholars and writers by rallying the people to fight against the French. The leaders of the movement were Binh Tay General Trinh Phong, and Deputy General - Governor Tran Duong. In Van Ninh and Ninh Hoa, under the command of Governor Tran Duong, the French had been terrorized many times and Phu Cang communal house was the place for soldiers to practice to fight the French. Because the French colonialists had military strength, the power of the insurgents gradually weakened.

In 1886, the French army could not capture Tran Duong, so they tried to terrorize the people and his family, Tran Duong surrendered to the French colonialists so that they did not oppress the people. They killed him and beheaded him, then put his head in the market to threaten the patriotic movement. After his death, the people brought his tablet to worship at Phu Cang communal house with sincere gratitude to the local hero.

In 1930, the Communist Party of Vietnam was born and led the patriotic revolutionary movement of our people. In 1936, a number of Communist Party members who were active in their homeland, including Comrade Mai Duong, gathered party members at Phu Cang communal house to establish the first Party cell in Van Ninh district. Since then, Phu Cang communal house was the base of activities of the Party Committee of Van Ninh district during the period of resistance against the French until national independence.

In 1945, in order to prepare for the uprising to take power back to the people, the Viet Minh organization here gathered young people for military training, holding meetings and learning 10 policies of the Viet Minh Front, thereby enlightening the people about revolutionary ideology, patriotism, love to the homeland and the responsibility of the whole people to fight the French for national liberation. Since then, the spirit of the revolutionary movement has been on the rise. When the time was right, on August 14, 1945, the Viet Minh Front in Van Ninh gathered the people of Van Ninh to Phu Cang communal house, using the communal drums as a signal to rally the people to mobilize them to stand up and take power. After the command drum was played, from the communal house yard, people with a red flag with a yellow star moved to the district palace. In just one day with the enthusiasm of the revolution, the colonial government and its henchmen in Van Ninh had to surrender and the power was taken back to the people.

During the period of 1945 - 1954, Phu Cang communal house was still a training ground for self-defense and local guerrillas, strengthening the Nha Trang - Khanh Hoa Front for 101 days and nights against the French and added forces to Unit 365 of Inter-zone 5. This force bravely participated in the battle to create a fierce battle, destroying French tanks and armored vehicles at Co Ma pass.

During the resistance war against the US to save the country, Phu Cang communal house was still a place associated with the local revolution. Here is the place where revolutionary cadres are kept hidden, receiving wounded soldiers from the 1968 Tet Offensive. During the years 1971-1972, Phu Cang communal house was the revolutionary base of the comrades at Da Ban revolutionary base (Ninh Hoa - Van Ninh), or from Van Ninh via Co Ma pass to Phu Yen. This is the place to provide documents, propagate and direct the resistance war at local revolutionary bases.

The Phu Cang Communal House festival takes place on two occasions “Spring and Autumn Two Periods” every year to pray for “peace for nation and peace for people”, favorable rain and wind, and for giving thanks to the village founders and predecessors. In the festival, a choir is held every 3 years (turning back after three years).

In 1998, Phu Cang communal house was ranked as a national historical-cultural relic.