Ninh Hoa Mandarin’s Office is an architectural work in the shape of a rectangle; the façade faces Southeast. In general, the relic is structured according to the traditional house motif of 3 compartments and 2 wings. The wall in front of the porch and the roof are decorated according to the motif traditional architecture of the Nguyen Dynasty.
The main building is the lawcourt; steps are built of cement bricks. Beyond the terrace is a corridor that runs along the width of the house. The middle compartment is the working place of the chief mandarin of the province, and the two compartments at two sides are the working place of the officials. In the past, behind the left room, there was also the soldier house and the cell, but through the events of history, it now no longer exists.
In 2010, the artifacts and images displayed at Ninh Hoa Mandarin’s Office were collected and restored.
Ninh Hoa Mandarin’s Office is a place marking many important historic events in Khanh Hoa.
In 1930, concurrently with the establishment of Khanh Hoa Provincial Party Committee, Tan Dinh District Party Committee was also established, led by Comrade Le Dung, Member of the Provincial Party Committee. To implement the decision of the South Party Committee, the Provisional Provincial Party Committee of Khanh Hoa instructed the Tan Dinh Party Committee to mobilize the masses to protest in order to respond to the movement in Nghe An.
On the night of July 15, 1930, more than 500 people in the areas of Hon Khoi, Suoi Re, Xuan Hoa, Diem Tinh, Phuoc Da, Quan Dong, Phuoc Thuan... secretly gathered in the North of O Ga Mountain to prepare demonstration. Around 5 am on July 16, the demonstration group entered National Highway I, holding flags and slogans, beating the command drums and in front of the group was Comrade Duong Chuoc holding the command whistle. Behind were salt workers, fishermen, farmers, craftsmen, small traders. At dawn, the demonstration group went into the center of the district, resoundingly chanting slogans as they walked.
Many people responded enthusiastically. They joined the demonstration group and chanted slogans. The demonstration group became larger and larger, up to thousands people. The enthusiasm enhanced and enhanced. The demonstration group entered the district office, the chief district mandarin Dinh Ba Can and the servants were scared and did not dare to take any action to oppose. The demonstration group occupied tightly the front of the hall, the comrade Duong Chuoc and two guardians entered the public office to give the request to the chief district mandarin and clearly statde the purpose and meaning of the demonstration. The chief district mandarin Dinh Ba Can panicked, had to accept the claim; he shivered while signing. Another guardian group opened the prison to release the prisoners.
Having won the victory, the demonstration group spread to the streets to march and then gathered in front of Dinh market to hold a rally. People in the neighborhood and people who were buying and selling in the market came to hear. Comrade Duong Chuoc stood up to point out the plots and crimes of the colonialists and feudalists, and at the same time briefly spoke of the policies and lines of the Communist Party of Vietnam, calling on the compatriots to unite to stand up and fight against the yoke of oppression and exploitation.
The victory of the demonstration on July 16, 1930 opened the brilliant revolutionary struggle period of the Party Committee and people of Ninh Hoa district. That spirit continued to spread and created the premise to make a glorious victory in the two resistance wars against the French colonialists and the American imperialists in the district. To mark this important event, the Provincial Party Committee and People's Council of Khanh Hoa province issued a resolution, recognizing July 16 every year as “The traditional day of revolutionary struggle of the Party Committee and people of Khanh Hoa province”.
Ninh Hoa Mandarin’s Office relic was ranked as a national historical relic in 2000.